Are you searching for the FaceTime on Android phone? Unfortunately, the popular video chatting app is restricted to the iPhone users only. But you do not need to worry. We bring you the 10 best social applications that really deserve vote of thanks for imparting the role of FaceTime on Android device.
Today Internet has become an indispensable part of communication letting people communicate throughout the world. Leaving the traditional methods of communication too far, people are being able to communicate with their distant colleagues, family and friends in minutes.
As much of the world has gained access to the internet and the smartphones, the way of communication has become more convenient. That’s not enough, even the video chatting apps have become an important assets of smartphones because of their impactful reach on the users.
What Is FaceTime?
FaceTime is one of the most popular video and audio chatting application developed and designed by the Apple Inc. It allows the users communicate with one another through video and audio calls. This is actually great for the people to contact with the family members, friends or even clients who are far away and get to see and talk with each other in real time.
FaceTime is supported by the iOS mobile devices that operates iOS 4 or later and the devices must have a forward–facing camera. Similarly, Mac computers also support FaceTime only if they are running Mac OS X 10.6.6 or later and they should possess FaceTime camera.
Benefits of FaceTime
Some of the awesome benefits of using FaceTime are listed below:
- It has intuitive or easy interface
- The setup is quick and easy.
- It is easy to organize the contacts efficiently.
- Ring anywhere, any time. It has the ability to receive calls even if it is not running
- Since there are no credits or load to use Facetime so it is free to use.
- It has high definition video.
Disadvantages of FaceTime
Some of the disadvantages of using FaceTime are:
1. FaceTime is restricted for the users of Apple devices so the Android users may be left out.
2. Lack of privacy.
3. Need of internet.
4. Use large amount of data.
How to FaceTime on Android? Some great alternatives!!
1. Facebook Messenger
Facebook users may sign into their free Facebook Messenger app to make one-on-one or group audio and video calls. They may even send their contacts voice messages as well as share contents like audio, video and photos.
Users may keep their friends and family close with unlimited live video chatting which is similar to Face Time. The good thing is it works across all devices. There is possibility of hosting group video calls upto 8 people with high quality video and audio. These make Facebook Messenger one of the ultimate choice for the users as FaceTime for Android.
2. Google Hangouts
Similarly, another great alternative for FaceTime on Android is Google Hangouts. Hangouts can support group chats to upto 100 people and group video conferencing upto 10 people. In order to join the meeting or the conference, users just need to send the invitations to join with the URL and click the link provided.
Users may start free video calls and hop on the conversation with a single person or the group with the help of Google Hangouts. They may keep in touch with contacts across Android, iOS, and the web, and sync chats across all their devices.
Skype is available on phones, tablets, PCs and Macs. It is one of the popular video calling app that belongs to the Microsoft group. Skype users can access one-on-one and group voice or video calls for free to other Skype users.
Some of the prominent features of the Skype are:
1. • Video calls – Users may make video call to their friends and family members on high definition.
2. Chat – Users may create a group chat for a common reunion among friends or family members.
3. Share- Users may send photos and videos with their friends or family members.
4. Express with emoticons- Users may have live conversations with emoticons. Just click on the “+” in chat to send the GIFs from the web and add notes to the images.
Further, on using the Skype, users may have SMS connection as well as voice calls facility.
4. Zoom Meetings
Zoom is basically a cloud-based video conferencing app that permit the users to set up live chats, screen sharing, video conferencing and other abilities.
The app permits its users to have one-on-one chat sessions that may rise to group calls, webinars, and global video meetings with upto 1000 participants and upto 49 on screen videos.
During 2020, with the Corona pandemic, there was nearly 300 million daily Zoom meeting users especially the education and the business sectors.
Definitely, Zoom should be among the best alternatives for FaceTime on Android devices.
Some of the main features of Zoom are:
- Sharing Screen: sharing the screen with single or multiple people/groups to see everything from both sides.
- One-on-one meetings: Hosting as many one-on-one meetings.
- Group video conferences: Hosting video conferences of up to 40 minutes and up to 100 participants for free and up to 500 participants in the paid version.
5. Google Duo
Google Duo is applicable in both Android and iOS devices and has stable and majestic performance on cellular connections. It helps users to make one-on-one calls or video chats with upto 8 people on any sort of smartphones. Google Duo also has the option of leaving the video messages. The ‘Knock Knock’ feature helps the users see the calling with live video preview.
The great thing about the Duo is that it possess end-to-end encryption that assures privacy.
Google Duo is one of the best quality video calling app with simple and reliable approach for both the Android and iOS devices. Some of its features are:
- Google Duo supports up to 32 people in group video calls.
- Users may share and join group calls with just a single link on both Android and iOS devices.
- They may take images of the video calls and share them automatically with anyone they like.
- Users may send video and voice messages, photos, and many more.
- It allows users to make video calls even in low light conditions.
Viber app has also the video calling feature and messaging app which are free, simple, fast and secure too. The app is used by nearly 1 billion users globally.
With Viber, users may use video calling, open group chatting, make free international calls and many more. Users may take it as a great alternative for FaceTime on Android.
Viber is one of the best options :
- To make instant video calls to friends and family for free. It also has the option of group chatting or video calling for up to 20 people.
- To share family events, jokes, and photos and also discuss nice events.
7. OK Live – Video Livestreams
With OK Live, users may see live stream videos and follow things hovering around them. The app is compatible with 4G/3G/2G or Wi-Fi networks. Some of its benefits are:
- Users can have live streams viewing anonymously.
- They may get some of the most fascinating live streams in the ‘Popular’ section.
- There is the option to use great filters for making unique broadcastings.
- Users may also get notifications when initiating for the live streams.
- All the livestreams may be recorded indefinitely and may be deleted when desired.
- Livestreams may be uploaded on the profile or in a group in this app.
Tango is also one of the great social live-streaming app where people have the access to the tools to exhibit talents, grow firms or make friends globally.
It has been a new platform for many content creators to earn online by showcasing the broadcasts in the form of business.
Some great reasons to use Tango are:
- With much and proper live streaming, more viewers can be gained. This will increase the popularity of users.
- Users may take the advantage of live video streams and chats on their phones or the internet.
- They may stream with anyone throughout the world with public and private video chats or messages.
- Users may participate in live streaming events like festivals, contests, or competitions.
Think Tango as a good alternative for FaceTime on Android.
9. Video Chat- Joi
Another option as FaceTime for Android. With Joi, users can have one-on-one private live video chats with numerous people and get new friends with a single tap. Some of its features are:
1. Availability of filters to make the best of video chats.
2. Tap to begin video chatting.
3. Access to short videos to the profile.
4. Access of short videos of famous people.
5. Follow friends to initiate video chat at any time.
6. Sending private messages.
7. Private and safe video chats. Report and block the users that are against the policy.
LINE has been one of the prominent app that has helped in transforming the communication throughout the globe. It has ranked first in providing the free voice and video calls and messaging in more than 50 countries. LINE is definitely a great alternative for FaceTime on Android. Some of its most popular features are:
- Facility of face to face video chats with upto 200 friends and conversations anywhere with group video calls.
- Sharing of images, videos, messages, voice messages and locations is easy with colleagues.
- It is a great platform to share daily moments with friends on Timeline.
- All the videos, photos and messages may be stored in ‘Keep’ and share them with friends in need.
- Users may connect with their favorite celebrities and brands by friending their official accounts.
- It has access to lifestyle apps that bring new convenience to your life.
- Users may make international calls at lower rates on their mobile phones as well as landlines.
Let’s do some classifications. If users are mainly concentrated on video conferences and group calls, Google Hangouts and Skype may be great options as alternatives for Facetime on Android. If users are concentrated on video, audio and text, then Line, Viber, and Google Hangouts may be great alternatives for Facetime on Android. Similarly, Tango may be a good alternative for Facetime on Android when users need to work without the need for a cellular connection. It is completely on the users to select their desired depending on their requirements.
Must Try Products This Year:
1.Get Paid To Use The Most Popular Social Media. Click Here……
2.Most Easiest Way To Increase Instagram Followers. Click Here….
3.Get The Greatest Collection Of Templates For Every Business. Click Here…
4.Learn How Social Media Tycoons Rule The Business World. Click Here…
5.Learn Everything About Succeeding On Various YouTube Niches. Click Here…
6.Make Your Life Easy With This Perpetual Income Source. Click Here…
7.The Hyper-Suggest Tool Is The Best For Every Business Success. Click here…