Have you lost your important messages on WhatsApp accidently? Do you really want them back? If you deleted a conversation instantly without thinking twice or performed a factory resetting or deleted the WhatsApp folder from the phone’s storage, there are ways to restore the deleted WhatsApp messages on the Android phones or iPhones. We have brought up some fine solutions to help you with how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages.
WhatsApp is one of the most popular social messaging application to communicate with friends and loved ones using our mobile phones. It is a cross-platform instant messaging application that permits the Android or iPhone users to exchange messages, image, audio and video messages for free.
Basically, WhatsApp is a user friendly messaging service that allows its users to create ‘chats’ with certain groups of people on certain topics. It is quite famous with the end users who are more attracted for text messaging. It also provides group chatting and location sharing options.
About the technical aspect of WhatsApp, there is a customized version of the standard XMPP i.e. Extensible Messaging and Presence Protocol.
WhatsApp was developed the former employees of Yahoo company, Brian Acton and Jan Koum in 2009.
WhatsApp has been an outstanding messaging platforms for multiple purposes that are absolutely free. The services include sending and receiving instant messages, file sharing, free international calls, group chats, secret conversations, use of the camera, photos and videos sharing, voice and video calls, and many others.
Users may also use WhatsApp on their PCs. Just they need to visit the WhatsApp website and download it to Windows or Mac. One necessary condition is that the users need to provide their mobile number for the registration of the service.
Facebook acquired the rights of WhatsApp in 2014 and has seen continued growth. As of February, 2020, WhatsApp had nearly 2 billion active users worldwide.
The name ‘WhatsApp’ is a pun on the phrase What’s Up.
1. Users can send text messages absolutely for free.
2. Like for the other apps, there are no hidden costs for WhatsApp.
3. WhatsApp works on any smartphones, just internet connection is necessary.
4. WhatsApp provides unending real time for messaging which is a great way to strengthen the relationships.
5. Besides sending text messages, WhatsApp allows users to share images, multimedia messages, sound files, video files and so on.
6. WhatsApp offers free international messaging.
7. WhatsApp is quite easy to use.
8. There are no advertisements.
9. Group messaging is easy with this application.
10. WhatsApp is easily downloadable.
Along with these features, let’s discuss some awesome advantages of WhatsApp.
Advantages of WhatsApp
Some of the advantages of using WhatsApp are:
- Users may send document files like PDF, Slideshows, etc. up to the size of 100MB.
- WhatsApp also has the provision of deleting the messages that the user sent in a period of 1 hour.
- There is the provision of securing WhatsApp using a Fingerprint lock
- WhatsApp imports contacts from the user’s phone and tell about the friends using the app.
- Users may share Live Location for 15 minutes, 1 hour, and 8 hours.
- It also works without a sim card but for this the registration of the mobile number is necessary.
- With the help of checkmarks, sender, and receiver both may whether the message has been sent or received respectively.
- WhatsApp also shows that the receiver received the voice message and listened to it.
- WhatsApp also has the provision of its users to change their number to another number without losing their existing WhatsApp account.
- App interface of WhatsApp is very simple and user-friendly.
- WhatsApp communication is highly secure as it provides an end-to-end encryption feature.
- It has also broadened its area of services for using in a web browser and Desktop System (Windows, macOS) directly.
Disadvantages of WhatsApp
Along with the advantages, WhatsApp has some disadvantages too:
- WhatsApp is time-consuming as users enjoy chatting more and more.
- There is a potential that the spouse may read the messages.
- Sometimes due to constant messages, it becomes unpleasant.
- Internet connection is a must so may not be affordable for all the classes.
- The users’ profile picture is visible to every person having their contact number.
- Users need to share their number in case they desire to communicate.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages?
Most of the WhatsApp users tap out messages with their loved ones and friends and also use it to manage events, dates, times etc. as well as share videos and images. Because of enormous usage, users may find that they have deleted very important WhatsApp messages or conversations accidentally. It happens a lot certainly with many of us, and it is really awful.
Fortunately, WhatsApp developers have done their bit to help us out in such situations. As a WhatsApp user, people are likely to be desperate to recover the lost messages as soon as possible in case the data are deleted by accident.
If users want to see deleted WhatsApp messages, there are some workarounds that can be used. Here, we will explain how to recover deleted WhatsApp messages if people have problems finding important messages.
How do users lose their messages?
Following reasons are causative factors that make users lose their messages:
1. May be users bought new smartphone and they deleted their WhatsApp from their previous device.
2. May be the users reset their phone to the factory settings that causes all the data to get lost.
3. The smartphone got lost or got broken.
4. May be the users coincidentally tapped ‘Clear All Chats’ in the WhatsApp configuration.
Foremost thing, WhatsApp has auto back up WhatsApp messages set as inbuilt options, and hence users may always recover the deleted ones. Although, they are not the perfect means of recovering deleted messages, they do the job to some extent.
WhatsApp provides various backup frequencies in the Automatic Backup arena. They are available as daily, weekly, monthly, or off. For iOS, the app will only keep the most recent backup file while for the Android system, the app will keep the last two backup files.
Daily backups permit the users to recover messages shortly after deletion.
Weekly backups permit the users to back up the WhatsApp deleted messages from less than seven days ago at the expense of losing recent chat messages.
Also, except for auto backup, there are many ways to backup WhatsApp messages.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages via Android Local Backup
The first method we are discussing here is an effort to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages from the Android local backups. So this method will not work on the iOS based phones. Following steps are considered to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages from Android local backups:
1. All the backup files are contained in the Database folder. Users need to go to the File Manager in phone then to the WhatsApp then to the Database folder.
2. Then the users need to select the msgstore.db.crypt12 and then rename it as msgstore_BACKUP.db.crypt12.if there is any problem, users may rename the file to the original name and restore it.
3. There will be many old files with the format-YYYY-MM-DD.1.db.crypt12. Users need to choose the most recent one and rename it to msgstore.db.crypt12.
4. Now users need to open the Google Drive on their phone. Simply tap the e three vertical lines icon and then click on Backups. Then they need to delete the backup from WhatsApp. By doing this, the phone will restore from the local backup.
5. Next the users need to uninstall the WhatsApp and again reinstall it. On doing configuration, they will receive a massage to restore chats from the local backup.
6. Finally, click on ‘Restore’ and that’s it. All the deleted chats are back.
How to recover Deleted WhatsApp Messages via iCloud backup
For the iPhone or iPad users, they may recover the deleted WhatsApp messages using the iCloud feature. The users need to consider the steps given below:
1. The first step is users should have turned on iCloud backup for WhatsApp. In order to facilitate the iCloud, they need to sign in the Apple ID and then enable iCloud Drive on the device.
2. Visit the WhatsApp and head to the Settings. Then proceed to the Chats and click on the Chat Backup. This will confirm about the presence of iCloud backup. If there is iCloud, the users need to uninstall the app and then again reinstall the app from the App Store.
3. After reinstalling the users need to open the app. Once they open it, they need to sign in with the same number they used for backing up the data.
4. Once the users are signed in, the device will ask if they wish to restore the chat history from iCloud. On clicking the Restore Chat History, the download will begin.
All the deleted WhatsApp messages will be restored back to the iPhone.
Some of the major disadvantages of recovering WhatsApp chat messages from backups?
- The backed up contents of the WhatsApp messages and chat history exist just for seven days after last saved. So it becomes quite important to import these contents before expiry otherwise users may not be able to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages more than 7 days old.
- Upon restoration, the current messages or chat history will be lost since they have not been backed up.
- If the SD card is corrupted, the users may not be able to recover the deleted chat messages.
- If the users have a different phone number than the one they had while backing up the chats, then they may not be able to recover the chat history.
- On running the manual backup, there is chance of overwriting the most recent automatic backup file.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages without backup?
If the users do not have the backup or they want to recover the deleted WhatsApp, then the users need to operate the third-party applications. This simply means they can recover the deleted WhatsApp messages without uninstalling WhatsApp.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on Android phones without backup?
There are many third-party applications that are available for Android phones on Google Play Store. These apps help us to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages on Android phones. Here we will be discussing one of the most popular app called ‘WhatsRemoved+’. Viewers may search for other apps as per their convenience.
WhatsRemoved+ is an application that permits the users to monitor notifications and folders in the pursuit of deleted files so that they never miss anything in their favorite messaging applications. Some of the functions of the app are as under:
1. Easy to configure.
2. Scan folders looking for deleted files and save a history of the notifications you choose.
4. A window for viewing all deleted messages.
5. System of search by groups of notifications.
6. A tab for each application with notification history and learning algorithms for a more precise and simple installation
8. Detects changes in notifications and notifies you of this.
During the installation, users can select the applications and folders that they want to monitor as long as they don’t violate its terms of service.
If the application detects a change in deleting a message, it will inform the users so that they can know what happened, either by a deleted message, by a file deleted or by some application showing important information.
WhatsRemoved+ does not send users’ information to external servers, they’re only on their own phone. WhatsRemoved + will also not save all notifications, only those whose applications they manually select.
Here’s how to run the application on the Android phones:
- Download the WhatsRemoved+ app from Google Play Store and install it.
- Users need to agree the terms and conditions as prompted on the screen and allow access to notifications.
- Among the various apps, select WhatsApp to read deleted messages.
- Users will get a notification from the app as soon as someone deletes a message sent to the user.
- Once the users open the notification and tap on the “DETECTED” tab, they may read deleted WhatsApp message even if the sender removes it.
How to recover deleted WhatsApp messages on iPhones without backup?
Likewise, for the iPhone users, if they don’t have a backup and desperately want to recover the deleted WhatsApp message on iPhone, they may prompt for the third-party app. There are many third-party apps available for the iPhone regarding the very process. Here we will be discussing the MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS. Using the tool, there is no need to uninstall WhatsApp.
Users need to follow the following steps:
- Download the MiniTool Mobile Recovery for iOS. Then install it.
- Users need to connect the phone with the computer.
- Now they need to open the recovery program that they downloaded.
4. Next the users need to click on “Scan” and wait for the process to be finished.
5. On the left side there are various data of the apps. Users need to select ‘WhatsApp’. This will display all messages including the deleted ones.
6. Next users may search and select the deleted messages they want to recover.
- Finally click on ‘Recover’ in the lower right corner of the interface.
All right, friends! that was all with this topic ‘How to recover the deleted WhatsApp messages?’ The methods explained are easy and effective. Share this article with your friends and dear ones and tell us their comments.
Must Try Products This Year:
1.Get Paid To Use The Most Popular Social Media. Click Here……
2.Most Easiest Way To Increase Instagram Followers. Click Here….
3.Get The Greatest Collection Of Templates For Every Business. Click Here…
4.Learn How Social Media Tycoons Rule The Business World. Click Here…
5.Learn Everything About Succeeding On Various YouTube Niches. Click Here…
6.Make Your Life Easy With This Perpetual Income Source. Click Here…
7.The Hyper-Suggest Tool Is The Best For Every Business Success. Click here…